Monday, May 29, 2006

It's really been sometime since I wrote here...was too busy with the assignments. No, they are not done with as yet, it's just that I understood that there will never be a period of "no-assignmets". So, let's carry on with life.
Economics. I really like the subject, and I truly dread the Final exams. It has tremendous potential to attract a first-learners and the ability to confuse you. We learnt Game-theory. I had studied it during BE, but not to this depth.
To imagine it all came from the mind of a schizophrenic.
The whole idea of game involves players(at least two), their strategies and the end-objectives. So far, it's been mostly sellers/firms trying to get customers. The study of this theory helps one better understand the various promotions that sellers do to woo buyers.
Why don't firms sell coupons to customers of the competitor?
The answer depends on the strength of their customer base...and the revenue that it generates by giving a discount to the others. If my base is strong, I will not try to attract others, coz' then my competitor will give away coupons to my customers, which then, will force me to reduce the price for my strong base as well. Overall, its a downward spiral.
It sounds convoluted, but makes a lot of sense if one thinks over it.

The other subjects are going on fine. We had elections, a new president and directors of the GSB.
I've watched some movies.."Romeo and Juliet", "Shawshank Redemption"... The second one is really nice. Patience, planning and wonderful execution helped the protagonist achieve his aim. Would not like to tell the story. Shawshank is a prison...

Take care
:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Meenakshi said...

I have heard so much about Shawshank Redemption. I wish I could see it too!

Economics - sounds involved from your description but I am sure it all makes sense.

I recall our Physics teacher telling, "Its not Physics but Economics that makes the world go around!"

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home