Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I was sitting in class today when I suddenly remembered that I was no longer working. No longer was I a part of the organisation where I had gone to every morning at 9, for the past two and a half years.
The place, the people, my work station, my documents and pictures, would now be completely unaccessible to me. I was no longer there. The routine which had been my life had all changed, by choice. It's not that I didn't think of what was coming, but you never fully comprehend without living through it. Now, while sitting in my allocated place in the class, I remembered my cubicle so far away.
The memories just refused to leave...
That is perhaps, the case with most things in life, you never know when they become a part of you, as you go through your daily routine. For some, change can be a very difficult concept to accept, and some move on as if there was no pull from the past. People react in so different ways when confronted with change...the very concept can be disturbing to many. Without qualifying whether a change is for the better or the worse, our acceptance of the truth can often influence the outcome of the change.
Would you like an employee who sulked when he was asked to do something which was new to him, or prefer the chap who went with a smile to try new things out? And, would not this positivism reflect in his performance?
I guess I could talk at length on this, but I'll stop here... a new day is about to begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home