Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Bed of the Future

For the past few days, I am suffering from a shoulder ache. It makes me act like a zombie. Turning my head was never so painful as it is now. My doc tells me to use the right pillow as that affects the shoulders.....And, that got me thinking.

The bed as a platform to rest on, has not really evolved. It is still a platform, but now, they have space in it to store stuff. It is like trying to tell the user, "you don't need to stuff the mattress, use us instead". But, frankly, somehow technologyical advancement bypassed this essential item of our daily use. No change has happened for decades.

My pain made me see the bed of the future. A platform which needed no mattress or pillow. Both these items had become extinct. What remained was a simple platform.
As I lay down to rest, the platform changed its shape. It suited my figure. Supported my spine, and rested my head at the level I found comfort in. As I turned in my dreams, the shape changed under my head. Subtle enough to not wake me up, sure enough to support my head in the new position.
Voila! No backaches/shoulder pains!
For me, the bed of the future had arrived, but only in the mind's eye.
For now, I have to keep adjusting my pillows.

This is what I see. What do you see?
:D

5 Comments:

Blogger Meenakshi said...

I see that technology would have to take some more decades to make that supple, plasma, fluid like "bed of the future". Till then dream on kiddo!

:)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Bhavesh said...

I think memory foam comes close. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_foam

Take care, and good luck with your shoulder.

4:49 PM  
Blogger NDEO said...

In regards to your comment on my blog:

Hey 'Enakshi'.

Yes I have written that poem...glad you liked it..

The poem added to your post is simply superb...many things conveyed in just few strokes...Crosses the realms of regularities in life.

Thanks for sharing something so beautiful!!! Keep visiting!!!

1:08 AM  
Blogger Kishore said...

Didi....Keep Updating your blog....

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home